Sonnagar – Gomoh section would form an integral part of EDFC which connects Dankuni in West Bengal to Ludhiana in Punjab.
The section is expected to offer high productivity, sufficiently large additional capacity, ability to take long haul rakes thus decongesting existing IR network.
Following opportunities are available to the Concessionaire –
- Lower risk to the Private Player due to fixed Annuity payments backed by guarantee
- Ease of funding with availability of 100 % FDI for the Project
- Stakeholders of the Project include Central Coalfields Limited (CCL), State Governments, Steel Manufacturers etc. can be looked as potential partner in the Project
- Project provides unique proposition with connectivity between Eastern DFC and Western DFC at Khurja (UP) –> Enabling
smooth flow of traffic from Western ports to Eastern parts of India
Ancillary Business opportunities
Higher efficiency and speed on the section, attracting large volume traffic, would encourage the growth of ancillary industries, e.g., Cargo handling facilities, warehouse and MMLPs, which would encourage economic activities and generate employment opportunities along its alignment.
Following business opportunities are also expected to be provided by the Project:
- Development of Multi Model Logistic Parks (MMLPs), Sidings, Parcel Office and Warehouses
- Ancillary infrastructure development to provide customized solutions to the cargo owners
- Business for truckers for last mile connectivity
- Development of sector specific services like ramps for RO – RO, Cold Storage for FMCG, Container handling facility on stations/ sidings etc.